Image Map

Monday 25 August 2014

A day in Chester - Central Perk and Cheshire Oaks

I went to Chester on Saturday for the day with one of my best friends Laura. We spent the morning and early afternoon looking around the shops at Cheshire Oaks Outlet and we then went into the centre of Chester for a further mooch around the shops and also to visit the Central Perk Cafe.

If you follow me on Instagram (and if you don't you can follow me here, if you wish!), you might have already seen this picture! It took many attempts to get it in focus and because we was moving on the motorway it was very hard not to get it either blurred or actually have the rainbow in the picture!


Cheshire Oaks is very well set out with hundreds of shops, from designer (Mulberry, Burberry, Michael Kors etc..) to high street (Next, Paperchase, Warehouse etc...), and all at discounted prices. I would recommend getting there as the Outlet is opening as when we left at around 2pm, the car park was jam packed!



I would highly recommend going to this shopping outlet if you are ever in the area. As you can see from the photograph, the space was very well looked after and clean. I really liked how it had the mixture of all the shops, as there is always something for everyone!




 After our mooch around the shops, we headed to Central Perk Cafe on Bridge Street in Chester town centre. I will be very shocked if you haven't heard of Central Perk before, but if you haven't i will explain a little bit about it. Central Perk is a coffee shop from the very much loved television series, Friends. It is pretty much filmed in every single episode, and it is where all six friend's love to hang out and drink coffee! If you haven't seen Friends, then you are seriously missing out and i would strongly urge you to go and watch it - obviously after reading this!!




 The coffee shop is centred around the coffee shop from the Friends series, and is designed to give the feel that you are actually in 'thee' Central Perk coffee shop.



Pictured above would have been the famous sofa that the Friends cast would always sit on to drink their coffee and chat. As you can also see, there is a TV in the background, these were dotted around all of the coffee shop and they each played a episode from the show.



I was very impressed with the prices. I thought i would be walking in, expecting to pay ridiculous prices, just because the coffee shop is Friends themed. I was pleasantly surprised that the prices were average, possibly even less than what you would pay in Starbucks.



I am a massive fan of Friends, so i was super excited to get to visit Central Perk. There is also a Central Perk in Liverpool, if you are wanting to go but Chester is too far away. I would also definitely recommend grabbing yourself a seat on the sofas if they are available, they are so comfortable! 

 Have you ever visited Cheshire Oaks? Or Central Perk Chester?


post signature

14 comments:

  1. great post! i love the friends themed drinks

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. win raybans and beauty goodies worth £300 on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they were really cool! Sadly i am not a fan of coffee so i didn't get to taste one!

      Katie x

      Delete
  2. Great post, thank you for sharing, I love Cheshire Oaks and Central Perk in Liverpool but I did not know that there was a Central Perk in Chester! :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I had a really lovely time! Ohh, is it the same set up as the one in Liverpool? I definitely will!

      Katie x

      Delete
  3. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can find the rules and questions on my blog, and I look forward to seeing your post. :3

    www.pixelatedrainbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looks so quaint and like so much fun :) Nice post!

    http://novellette.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12522799

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i had a really lovely day :)
      Thank you!

      Katie x

      Delete
  5. Hi Sweetie ♥ Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I really like your blog and I followed you on bloglovin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your ever so welcome!
      Aww thank you so much lovely, it means a lot.

      Katie x

      Delete
  6. Oh very cute pics!
    Now I´m following you in Bloglovin´#40 I hope your follow me back!
    xx

    www,sakuranko.com
    I want invite you to Join to my Giveaway Etude House and Lioele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!
      I will check out your blog too :)

      Katie x

      Delete
  7. I haven't been there, but I'm jealous! The pics are beautiful and it would be so fun to see the Friend's coffee shop!

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete