Image Map

Monday 15 September 2014

Instablur and All-In-One BB Cream Review

Today i thought i would do a review on two products that i have been absolutely loving for just over a month! I have been using them pretty much every day so i feel like i have used them enough in my daily routine to do a full review.


I originally went into The Body Shop just for the Instablur as i had heard so many great things about it, but i stumbled across a box called "Flawless Finish Collection". Inside it included the Instablur and the All-In-One BB Cream for £20. So i decided to pay an extra £6 and get them both.

Lets start with the Instablur..

The Instablur claims to blur out all your imperfections, giving you flawless skin in an instant. It also makes five our claims, stating it will extend the wear of make-up, hide blemishes, reduce the appearance of pours, keep shine at bay for 12 hours and give a flawless complexion. Who doesn't want a flawless complexion, right?! Well, i for one certainly do. 

It is quite a thick consistency, as you can see from the photograph below. I have heard a few people say they don't like the smell, honestly i can't smell a fragrance in it! So the 'smell' doesn't bother me in the slightest!


It goes on really well, easy to blend and makes me face really so soft! I would recommend rubbing it between your fingers before applying it to your face (i go from my nose outwards, as this is where i find my make-up tends to sit and where those pesky pores are!)


Above is a picture of my pores without anything on my face. Not even moisturiser.

Below, is a picture with just the Instablur (also i put moisturiser underneath).


As you can see from the photograph, my pores are still visible but they have been reduced. Which i can't been too downhearted about as the product never it would get rid of my pores!

Reduces pores - 8/10
Shine Control - 9/10
Blemish hiding - 8/10
Make-up extending - 10/10
Flawless complexion - 8/10

You can buy the Instablur on its own for £14 here.

All-In-One BB Cream with Instablur

I have never been taken into the hype of BB Creams. So i was certain, i would either love this product or hate it. Thankfully i loved it. This definitely has a fragrance, i really can't put my finger on what it smells like but i would definitely urge you to have a sniff before buying the product! It doesn't stay on your face, but you can definitely smell it while its being applied. The smell personally doesn't bother me, its an unusual smell but i don't think its awful.


The product comes out the tube in a white liquid with some dark spots throughout it. It adapts to your skin tone as you apply it, hence the reason for it being white. This is definitely a thick consistency, it also dries super quick on the skin, so i would recommend doing one bit at a time instead of dotting it around your face!

The All-In-One BB Cream claims to, adapt to your skin tone, provide a light to medium coverage, not clogging up your pores, give a 24 hour hydration and present you with an even finish. There isn't a massive colour range with this product, i believe there are only four colour choices to choose from. 

I have very fair skin and i got the shade 00. A sales assistant matched me up to the shade that she thought suited my skin tone the best and i have to agree, it really does! The Instablur compared with the BB Cream makes my pores disappear! 


It really does give my skin an even, and flawless finish. The product is also light enough that my freckles still slightly show through it. It reduces the redness on my face and my make-up will stay in place all day!


Using the products together -

Adapts to skin tone - 10/10
Light to medium coverage - 10/10
Even finish - 10/10
24 hour hydration - I haven't noticed my skin getting dry while using these products.
Non clogging - 9/10 (as i don't believe any make-up product can completely be on clogging!)

I honestly think if i picked one of these products up without the other i would have been left a bit disappointed with the results. As using them alone i don't really think they are anything to rave about.  Using them together and i think they are amazing! 

You can purchase the All-In-One BB Cream here, for £12.

*Please not these photographs have not been edited.

Have you tried these products?
What did you think?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Beautifullll! ♡

    Xo isabel
    http://trendysabel.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your reviews are really persuasive... I want to go out and buy both of these now - anything to improve the look of my skin!
    Beth x
    swallowsandskylines.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend them and i think they totally give that 'flawless' look! :)

      Katie x

      Delete