Image Map

Monday 16 February 2015

My 100th Post: Benefit Roller Lash Review

I cannot believe this is my 100th post on this blog! The time has gone super quickly and i am more surprised that i have kept at it, and kept uploading different posts. It is definitely something i love doing, even if no one is reading it! If you are reading it, then thank you very much, it means a lot.


Benefit Roller Lash Review


Within the March edition of Elle magazine, they collaborated with Benefit Cosmetics to include a sample/travel size of their new mascara which is set to launch on the 12th February. This gave Elle readers, and anyone, to try the mascara before it hit the shops. I am not generally a reader of Elle magazine, but once i saw they were including a benefit mascara, i was all set to buy it the day it came out! The magazine cost £4 which then included the mascara, which i think is a pretty amazing price!

Benefit states that Roller Lash " Is a roller for lashes! The eye-opening Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls…while the instant curve-setting formula holds for 12 hours."



This is what the wand looks like, as you can see, it curves slightly and the outer curved part has bigger bristles than the inner part which is smaller, which is supposed to hook, lift and curl the lashes.

I wanted to put the mascara to the test, with its claim for a 12 hour hold. Apologises for the lighting of the next few photographs as they were took in the evening after wearing the mascara all day. I wanted to show how well the mascara would last, and if the curl and lift would actually last the whole 12 hours.

(This was took early in the morning - also apologises for the lighting, natural light doesn't seem to come through until late morning! The photo below is the same photograph, just more zoomed in on the lashes)


These photographs were took after 12 hours and just before i was ready to remove my makeup for the day. I didn't touch the mascara up at all, and you can see that the length and volume is still on the lashes. I had a little fall out throughout the day, but i nearly get that with every mascara, apart from Benefits There Real.  



As you can see from the photograph below, the mascara still has a curl and lift and it hasn't dropped throughout the day.



I think it is safe to say that Benefit has done it again! I am really impressed with this mascara and the lasting power. If you are interested giving it a go, then definitely keep your eyes pealed for this months edition of Elle magazine.

Have you tried Benefit's Roller Lash?
What were your thoughts?
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Wow, your lashes look soooo long with that mascara on! x

    www.savvysuperstylish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it and the curl lasts all day too! I would definitely recommend picking up the travel size in it is still in Elle Magazine

      Katie x

      Delete
  2. Looks lovely on you just got a email to say I am getting one in my Birchbox next month now super excited xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Have you? That's great news, i can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. I really love the mascara so i hope you do too :)

      Katie x

      Delete
  3. I defiantly need to get my hands on this! Great pictures it looks lovely! Congrats on 100 posts! :)
    Bea X
    www.thebeacollective.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete